The State Archives of North Carolina (SANC) has tens of thousands of reels of microfilm of all kinds of state and county records – many not available online or anywhere else. For the past few years they have sold on-demand digitized copies of these reels to the public, and NCHRO would like to put as many of these as available online. If you have purchased any of these DVDs from SANC and would like to share them with the public, or if you want to contribute so we can purchase them, please fill out the form below.
Please note the following:
- The images will be provided to NCHRO free of charge. Likewise, if you are unable to upload them and need to mail us the images, we will pay the associated costs.
- These reels have already been cataloged and by definition are relevant to North Carolina history and genealogy, so any DVD from SANC will be accepted
- Please only send the original images as created by SANC. We will not accept manipulated/edited images even if they improve the quality.
- SANC will not digitize DVDs with copyright issues or DVDs of microfilm they did not create in house (only a small portion of the collection). Any DVD you purchased from SANC should be in the public domain so you can make copies for NCHRO without issues.
- When an image you contributed or paid for is viewed from our website, your name will appear at the bottom as the sponsor (you can also remain anonymous).
- If there are reels you want to have digitized but do not need to keep the images yourself, you can pay the cost of digitization as a donation to NCHRO, and we will use that to order the DVDs. The cost is $16 per reel. Note in this case we will retain the DVDs, but you will be able to view the images online along with the general public.
- If you wish to order DVDs yourself, please see the link below. The cost is generally $16 per reel, with extra fees if you are not a resident of North Carolina. https://archives.ncdcr.gov/researchers/services/ordering-copies